My cousin has been like my sister since she entered this world. As we’ve gotten older, we’ve gotten closer even referring to ourselves as “sister-cousins.” A few years ago, she came to my house with her boyfriend (now husband) and told me that they had just gotten engaged. Along with the exciting news, she also asked me to be the Maid of Honor.
Will You Be My Matron of Honor?
When M proposed, I knew one thing, she would be my Matron of Honor. I was waiting for the perfect way to ask, but being 5 hours away, I didn’t know how I was going to do that.
So slowly but surely, I got a box together and shipped it to Kentucky! Of course, she called immediately to say YES and then the wedding planning officially started. I had been saving up all the things to tell her.
There are so many cute ways to ask your bridesmaids or maid/matrons of honor to stand up with you. They are plastered all over Pinterest. I’m a huge fan of giving gifts & putting thought into every piece of the present, so I may have been a tad overly excited to put a “proposal box” together.
What “Musts” to Include:
• Ring Pop – because you’re proposing right?
• Favorite Bath Bomb – the K.Hall Barr & Co. bath bomb is something Brittany got me for Christmas one year, and it became my favorite scent. Little did I know (or did she know) at the time, that it was made in St. Louis where one day I would end up!
• Champagne – who doesn’t want a little bubbly?
• Succulents/Wedding Flower – originally I wanted to do plants as my central flower.
• Pajamas – for the day of wedding comfiness, I found these on Etsy and they are so cute. FYI, they do run a bit big, so keep that in mind.
• Wedding Color – this could be in the form of a bow or nail polish or both.
• Drinkware – Etsy has so many cute options to match your wedding, here is my favorite.
More Great Ideas :
• Spa Packages are a super cute idea – think face masks, lotion, etc.
• Jewelry – you may wait till the actual wedding day to include this portion, but what a great idea for the Bridesmaid not to have to worry about jewelry.
• Lipstick – match your ceremony
• T-shirts – “Bride Tribe” or “Matron of Honor”
As I said, I love putting gifts together, so please let me know if you need help gathering up some ideas for your bridal party. I’m glad to help, just leave me a message!