This weekend was all about catching up. Catching up with friends, on Big Brother & my household chores. I wish I could add sleeping to that list, but I am always up way too early on the weekends. The one thing I am definitely enjoying about Monday is catching up with all of you, hope you’re ready for the Monday Drive!
- A good friend introduced me to Girls’ Night In, a newsletter that is delivered in my email every Friday. I can’t tell you how excited I get to read it!. Reading this newsletter & the blogs I enjoy most on Saturday, first thing, has become one of my favorite rituals. It doesn’t matter where I am, I will make a delicious cup of coffee & relax, all while catching up on the week.
- Have you all heard of Jay Shetty? He’s an ex Monk who has these inspirational messages that you can subscribe to, or just follow his Facebook & they are out of this world. His messages seem to give me clarity, helping to see things from another perspective. While scrolling through social media on Saturday, I saw this quote from Jay Shetty, “Fall in love with your own company. When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape.” I couldn’t agree with something more. I think it’s just as important to be happy spending time alone as it is being around someone. This is what makes one interesting & confident. It’s key for those of us in a long distance relationship.
- I found an amazing recipe that I plan on making for dinner tonight! Grilled Paprika Yogurt Chicken Kabobs, by Cookin Canuck. Another highlight about this awesome blog is she also includes Weight Watcher points!
- I mentioned above, I got caught up on Big Brother this weekend. Please tell me that someone else is as obsessed with this goofiness as I am! Also, I think I’m Team Kaycee or Team Tyler. Keep in mind, I haven’t watched Sunday’s episode yet.
- Started a new book last night, I mean, I opened a new book last night before I drifted to sleep. Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. I have seen this book on so many reading lists & couldn’t wait to start it. I have 8 days before I have to return it to the library, wish me luck!
- Catching up with friends is always good for the soul. I was lucky enough to spend a few hours each day of the weekend with good friends. One of my friends hosts a Wine Night once a month & introduces the group to 6 different wines. She helps us figure out what we smell, taste & see in order to determine what kind of wine it is. Then, she cooks a delicious dinner & we all get to sit around & give an update of our lives. A wine night is a great idea if you are hosting people at your house. Maybe I can talk her into giving us a behind the scenes look of hosting a Wine Night! My friends are pretty awesome, & if you haven’t already done so, check out my post on Girl Gangs.
Have a great week friends! I feel like there are some exciting things on the horizon, so keep plugging along!