WEEKEND ROAD TRIPS LEAD TO JUST ANOTHER MANIC MONDAY…
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Every time I am in St. Louis the weather is a stifling 1 million degrees and this weekend was no different. We were able to get out and explore some, but shew, it was a scorcher.
- My St. Louis peeps, have you been to Blondies? Sunday morning I enjoyed a cup of coffee and breakfast on their beautiful patio off Washington Ave. The massive heat wave hadn’t set in yet & the patio is very shaded and lovely!
- Target, you have to stop with the cute clothes (or do you?). I am 110% impressed/obsessed/in love with the Universal Thread brand! As it always goes, I went into Target to get ziploc bags & trash bags. What did I leave with? Definitely not ziploc bags or trash bags, but these fancy little tops that I can wear to work OR play. Reasonably priced, adorable, and fit so well. Shirt 1. Shirt 2. Shirt 3.
- I missed my chance to Farmer’s Market this weekend, which really breaks my heart. That’s maybe my favorite little weekend tradition and planning meals for the week ahead. I did flip through the “intraweb” this morning and found this recipe for Greek Quesadillas from Damn Delicious. My stomach is already growling, so I will add it to my meal lineup this week!
- I’m not feeling 100% today, I think I had my first migraine ever over the weekend, so tonight I really want to just chill. I stopped by Lush at lunch for a complete pampering kit. I grabbed a bubble bar, hair mask & lotion. I’m not sure I’ll even pass “go” when I get home, instead, I’ll run a nice bath and relax with my new book, The Dry, by Jane Harper.
- Weekend plans always help the week fly by with something fun to look forward to! The Perseid meteor shower will be most visible both the nights of August 11-12 & August 12-13 AND Mars, Saturn, Venus & Jupiter will all be visible!! A weekend camping trip is planned, if the weather decides to be a team player. Does anyone else get as geeked out as we do about the night sky? There’s an app that rocks my face off – Sky Guide & it’s definitely worth the $2.99.
- Another weekend idea if you are looking for a great time in St. Louis this weekend is Blues at the Arch! So this event is a free event & you can take your own food for a little picnic. We had such a great time at this last Friday night, I can’t wait to catch another!
Enjoy your week ahead – please let me know what crazy fun things you get into! 🙂