After this, there is only one more Monday Drive from Lexington. Then I move. Saying that feels so absolutely weird & part of me doesn’t believe it’s a reality yet. I don’t suppose I will wake from this fog until we load up the U-Haul & pull out of Hamburg Farms in two weeks. I’m so glad M will be in a separate vehicle than me, because oh my there will be some major ugly crying.
The next few weeks I will be talking about moving a lot, just because it’s the biggest thing in my life right now. To be honest not only is this just a big move in general, it’s also maybe the biggest life move I’ve ever made. Until I get settled, my posts will more than likely be something related to moving or St. Louis or Lexington. But hey, that’s what this was originally about right? Living the Tale of Two Cities.
The Move from Lexington – What I’ll Miss the Most:
- Family – Being only a short hour away from my parents has been so nice & convenient for quick little trips home to visit for a weekend at a time.
- Friends – I have met the absolute greatest friends of my life in Lexington. I’m definitely going to keep putting miles on my car because I’ll be coming back a lot!
- My Little Condo – This is home, even with the boxes & mess, it’s my home. It’s comfortable, safe & for the most part quiet. It’s my little oasis from the real world.
- The Food – Corto Lima, Girls Girls Girls, Lussi Brown, Winchell’s, Josie’s, Goodfella’s, Blue Stallion, Mai Thai, Sushi Blue, Mirror Twin, KY Native Cafe, Locals & La Petite Délicat.
- The Shopping – Calypso, The Black Market & Story.
The Move to St. Louis – What I’m Excited About the Most:
- Aggravating M every. single. day.
- Decorating a new place & turning it into a home for the next year.
- Exploring a new city – I feel like I’ve only begun to skim the surface.
- Making new friends – With my blog & Instagram I’ve met a few gals that I can’t wait to meet in real life in St. Louis for coffee.
- Volunteering – I’m anxious to get involved in all efforts to keep St. Louis thriving!
- Shopping – I’ve seen so many cute shops on Instagram that I can’t wait to visit. Also, as far as chains go there’s an IKEA & World Market super close!
The next couple weeks I’ll be all over the place, but I hope to keep you updated via Instagram!