Breakfast is the only time I can get creative. Or on Sunday afternoon. Having more time allows me to go slowly, sip coffee and flip through multiple cookbooks until I decide what I want to try.
I love adding greens to my breakfast, not only for their nutritional value but also because adding something colorful to my plate isn’t a bad thing. This weekend, I took a few recipes & combined the foods that I already had in the refrigerator and came up with this Sweet Potato Hash.
Sweet Potato Hash
• Avocado Oil
• Two large sweet potatoes
• 4 cups of spinach or kale
• 4 large eggs
• Cayenne pepper
• Garlic powder
• Everything But The Bagel seasoning (TJ)
• Salt & Pepper
• Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees & line pan with parchment paper
• Cube sweet potatoes & combine them with spices & avocado oil
• Bake for 15-20 minutes
• Take potatoes out of the oven and add kale, stir
• Make four “holes” in the food on the pan
• Crack the eggs in those spots & add back to oven
• Cook for additional 10-15 minutes
This may not be the prettiest dish I’ve made, but talk about delicious! And, Whole30 compliant!