Skin is our body’s largest organ. Remember hearing that in school? I’ve not always taken care of my skin as I should. I think I have gotten frustrated at the breakouts & issues I’ve had and neglected it. Somewhere along the way, not only have there been breakouts, but there are now also fine little lines that have deepened over time.
This year I turned 36, and from far away, you still may think that I am in my late 20s. But up close, I see the damage from the sun and the lack of moisture. For me, taking care of my skin now is even more critical. I’ve been on the hunt for several months now for the perfect products. I’ve polled all my friends, found out their favorites and have been trying them all. Everyone’s skin is entirely different and what may work for some, may not work for others. With that said, I’ve found success in what I’m using now, so I wanted to share my favorites.
• Emerald – I use this almost every night after the Pink Cloud moisturizer because it helps to calm and moisturize my face.
• Rose Hibiscus – Our home is very dry, so I will spritz this anytime my face is feeling tight and dry.
• Phoenix – This product will definitely be in my summer lineup because it’s light.
• Pink Cloud – I will apply this product after I wash my face at night and after I apply my prescription and eye cream.
• Brighten – This is the perfect Friday night tub time mask. It feels amazing!
Lark Skin Co.
• The Facial Oil – Guys, I use this product on the weekend nights before bed and absolutely love it. They are a local STL company and I’m obsessed. You may notice the packaging has changed, I took advantage of the huge sale before they switched last month!
• Sheer Transformation Perfecting Moisturizer – I stumbled upon this brand one day many years ago and this is the one product I can not live without. I’m amazed at how nicely this wears underneath my makeup. This is my daytime savior.
Rodan & Fields
• Redefine Eye Cream – I actually heard about this product from M. His sister is a consultant for Rodan & Fields and the whole family swears by this product. Now I’m a believer as well.
• LashBoost – This is another product I was skeptical to try, plus it’s pricey, but it’s tried and true. It works. It really really works!
I have combination skin that is extremely sensitive. Unfortunately, I am still riding the prescription bus. I have rosacea that flares to large patches of itchy skin on jaw bone if I don’t take it. I also use a prescription cream. One day, I’m hoping to wean myself off of it. Until then, I’m just going to do all the things that I’m doing now that make my face feel amazing.
I’m sharing this information because I’m sure there are more people than myself who struggle with skin issues. I’m hoping that together we can help each other with solutions to make us confident and feel good in our skin again.